Exam 70-462 Administering Ms-Sql server 2012 Databases is designed for the professionals who wanted to brush their knowledge and skills in maintaining a Microsoft SQL Server 2012 database. Mostly, the audiences who attend this course are the ones who administer and maintain SQL Server databases. These individuals perform database administration and maintenance as their primary area of responsibility, or work in environments where databases play a key role in their primary job.
Whereas, the secondary audience for this course are those professionals who develop applications that deliver content from SQL Server databases.
Added as a prerequisite, candidates who like to attend this course shall have the following technical knowledge, alongside their professional experience:
• Basic knowledge of the Microsoft Windows operating system and its core functionality.
• Working knowledge of Transact-SQL.
• Working knowledge of relational databases.
• Some experience with database design.
Mentioned below pointers shows the topics being covered in the examination, with the relevant percentage:
Install and configure (19%)
• Plan installation
• Install SQL Server and related services
• Implement a migration strategy
• Configure additional SQL Server components
• Manage SQL Server Agent
Maintain instances and databases (17%)
• Manage and configure databases
• Configure SQL Server instances
• Implement a SQL Server clustered instance
• Manage SQL Server instances
Optimize and Troubleshoot (14%)
• Identify and resolve concurrency problems
• Collect and analyze troubleshooting data
• Audit SQL Server instances
Manage data (19%)
• Configure and maintain a back-up strategy
• Restore databases
• Implement and maintain indexes
• Import and export data
Implement security (18%)
• Manage logins and server roles
• Manage database permissions
• Manage users and database roles
• Troubleshoot security
Implement high availability (12%)
• Implement a mirroring solution using AlwaysOn; failover
Implement database mirroring
• Set up mirroring; monitor the performance of database mirroring
• Troubleshoot replication problems; identify appropriate replication strategyBack to top
Available delivery methods for this course: